Currently Playing:

Monday, June 1, 2009

House of Six Cats Fine Art Photography Artisan of the Week



House of Six Cats

My name is Bill, and I have been a photographer since I got my first SLR camera for my 16th birthday, way back in 1983. Yes, that makes me 42. I fell in love with the art from the first roll of film I shot! Long story short; Worked too long in the custom photo lab business, and hated everything about photography. Didn't pick up a camera for over ten years, until our daughter, Cyan, was born in April of 2007. When I saw the images of Cyan, that our friends took of her, with their DSLR, and knew I had to get one! I picked up a Canon Rebel XT, started shooting our beautiful little girl, and my passion was re-ignited! Since Cyan was my inspiration, she has been my avatar since I opened my Etsy shop in June of '07.

Since then, I have since developed a decent online presence. I signed up with RedBubble, Trunkt, 1000Markets, Flickr, Twitter and Facebook. I have made a great deal of friends on Etsy and have also started collaboating with a few of them. I also run the POE (Photographers of Etsy) Street Team.

My family and I moved from NY to Portland, Oregon in October of '08. I love it here, it a real mecca for the indie artist!! The community and support here is fantastic! I have started doing local craft shows, doing tons of networking, and I am going to be on permanent display in a new retail gallery called Love Art!

I am proud to be co-leader of POE, the photographers of Etsy, and proud member of the Interior Design - Home Decor team!! Search "POE Team" and "interiordesignteam", to find more great items for your walls and home!

Bill offers his photography in many mediums.

Sepia Dewdrops Triptych - Sepia Fine Art Photograph - 10 X 20

Early morning dewdrops sepia series, all three images in one print.

You will be purchasing an original 10x20 borderless digital photograph.

This image will be printed on Kodak Professional Endura Paper, with a lustre surface. Also available on metallic Archival photo paper, just state metallic in the notes to seller at checkout.All items are carefully shipped in cardboard via the US Postal Service.

No comments: