Currently Playing:

Friday, November 14, 2008

Song Stuck In My Head


I've had this song stuck in my head all week. If I am anything I am a beach bum. I grew up on the shores of Lake Michigan and was in the water from the time the ice went out till it was to thick for the boards. Probably the reason I migrated to Florida. I always joke on the show that Weird Al is my favorite musician, but in truth I am a huge Parrothead. I grew up with Jimmy and have all his Cd's. Use to have the tapes but they wore out. I've had one of his songs going in my head all week. It is my 2nd favorite by him right behind 'A Pirate Looks at 40'. That song had real meaning when I reached that age this year. This song is uplifting and makes me smile every time I sing it in my head. Here's to you Jimmy, the real Jolly Mon, and all the other Parrotheads out there.





Find out more about Jimmy and Parrotheads by visiting www.margaritaville.com

No comments: