Currently Playing:

Friday, May 8, 2009

Garden & Weed Walk: The Sequel

During this week's episode of In the Garden we continued the garden and weed walk around my little acre that we started last week. Even with two weeks, we've only skimmed the surface!

I've done what I - and many herbalists - call "weed walks" along city sidewalks, and even in such seemingly inhospitable environments it is truly amazing just how much you find growing. So it's no surprise that on my lush little acre we have so much growing that we wouldn't be able to touch on all of it in a lifetime of shows! And that's just the plant I can recognize! But we did visit the hosta (which I'm researching further - seeking real-life experience from others) and forget-me-not, periwinkle and lungwort (pictured), buttercup and forsythia, maple and horse chestnut, and more! You can take a peek at many of these plants at our In the Garden Flickr, where you are also welcome to join us and post your own garden photos and other garden-inspired arts and crafts.

I will be taking a week away from the show next week, but will return LIVE on Thursday, May 21, 2009 at 11:30 AM, eastern to talk about "Eating From the Earth." I hope that you will join us then ... and everyday on Blockhead Radio!

Be well by Nature!

Host of In the Garden

No comments: