Currently Playing:

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

I've Been Plurking

Yes I have developed a new uhm....... addiction. Plurk.

What is Plurk?

Noun. plurk (plüer-kh) - A really snazzy site that allows you to showcase the events that make up your life in deliciously digestible chunks. Low in fat, 5 calories per serving, yet chock full of goodness.

Verb. plurk (plüer-kh) - To chronicle the events of your always on, action-packed, storybook, semi-charmed kinda life.

Example use: 'Gee golly, my children are plurking all day long, what's a mother to do?'

Why join them, of course! Yes, Plurk is for everyone. We've taken the time, the complexity, and the deep introspection required out of blogging.

This isn't Billy Q. Poindexter's blog, no, no. Instead, Plurk is an easy way to chronicle and share the things you do, the way you feel, and all the other things in between that make up your life, with the people close to you. It's instant gratification, instant self-indulgence, instant celebrity, instantly YOU. Share your life stream, live your life….Plurk!

That is how they describe it. Now, let me share my experience.

ClosetCreature from birdysknits coaxed me over to Plurk. So this past Sunday I waded out into Plurk. Soon I found myself in a massive riptide and was way out. Being a smart swimmer I did not fight it.

Plurk is a social media like no other I've ran across. It is setup as an easy to follow timeline where you can keep track of the conversations. It is also great for multi tasking. You can set your Plurks up to feed into your other social networks like Friendster, Facebook, Twitter, and Multiply. So you can multi task with one Plurk. It is great for meeting new people, fun, and promotions.

I did the live shows yesterday while plurking, sing a longs, song requests, and of course a Plurk Fast Fingers. I will keep Plurk as part of BHR for as long as I can keep my sanity.

So if your are ready for a lot of fun join me on Plurk............I hope to see you there.

2 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yeah ... plurking is ... addicting!

~~Sew Happy Designs~~ said...

Yeah, what Walk said...darnit Rod!